Friday, March 10, 2006

I suck...

Ok, I know. Major slack off for not keeping up with the posting. A few people are mad, some forgot about me, some don't care. I have to admit, I have been writing and I am going to post a ton of stuff in the next day or so but I have been super duper sicky poo. I have pink eye (conjunctivitis) in BOTH eyes so everything is a blur until about noon. Since I am holistic in my practice of medicine, it takes a while for the nastier buggies to get cleaned out of my system. On top of that I have wicked sinus infection which makes my brain feel like it is pushing out of my ears. Ugggooooo! I can't complain to much because I rarely get sick actually. I take excellent care of myself so I am pretty resilient if I catch a cold. I can count on strep throat once a year but other than that I can run a marathon backwards while smoking a pack of American Spirit Ultra lights. According to my step mother who is a nurse at Jackson Memorial Hospital conjunctivitis is running rampant right now in Miami. Oddly I don't think I got it from someone, more like I got it from something. A week ago I was on a photo shoot at the end of South Beach and was appalled at the amount of garbage people had left on the beach. I was FURIOUS, and sick to my stomach. I swear to you there was: a hypodermic needle for injecting insulin, diapers (used), beer cans and bottles, empty bags of Doritos, styrofoam cups, plastic knives and forks, soda cans, used condoms, empty cigarette packs and butts, discarded food, empty suntan lotion bottles, and a million other things I can't even remember. All in a two block stretch of the beach, that had PLENTY of garbage cans. I was stomping around the beach picking up as much crap as I could, much to the amusement of the crew and the models I was working with. Well, I don't think I cleaned my hands so good because literally that night my right eye starting getting all oozy and junk. Now I did clean my hands after doing my part to help Mother Earth, but can you imagine what all that stuff is actually doing to the water and sand. No wonder the polar ice caps are melting. I literally filled a whole can with the garbage I picked up. Now multiply it by 30 blocks that make up South Beach and we have one huge problem. I am starting to get nervous about surfing now, God forbid I step on one of those needles.

So anywho, I am recouping. Next time I am going to have to wear gloves. And a hazmat suit. And have a bucket of boiling water on standby. Thank goodness I am leaving this shithole this summer. I can't begin to fathom how many hurricanes we will have blast through South Florida this year. There is no such thing as global warming. Right Mr. President? It is all an illusion. I end this blog with this. Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma once stated [referring to the environmentalist movement on Pat Robertson's TV show] "You quit worshipping God and start worshipping the creation- the creeping things, the four-legged beasts, the birds and all that. If you read Romans 1:25, it says 'and they gave up their God and started worshipping the creation.' That's what we are looking at now, that's what's going on." Robertson gave his glowing praise of the Senaturd calling him a "strong critic of the excesses of the environmentalist movement." Hmmmm, if you believe in God, or Allah, or Buddha I would like to think that He blessed us with Earth as a gift that we should cherish and care for as we would ourselves. Granted most people in this country will shovel barrels of McDonalds and Burger King into themselves but that isn't the point. Besides the above quote from the bible has NOTHING to do with environmentalism (ists). It is a scare tactic for the Pagans written during the earliest times Christianity when the founders were trying to cement the religion as the norm. When these words in the Good Book didn't convince the Pagans to convert and renounce their faith to Christianity, they were tortured and killed until people were so scared to speak out and believe what was in their hearts. Sound familiar?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello from Wolsztyn in Poland :)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home