Monday, January 23, 2006

Stirring up the hornets nest...

Well, it has been a few days since I have had the cause or the care to write my words. I'm sure there was a need to, but my heart, or rather my soul wasn't into it. Feeling a bit empty lately, no direction. Writing shit down didn't seem as though it would do anything. I have a tendency to internalize a lot of stuff that is happening in my life and I work these issues over and over in my head until I can come up with a resolution or at least an explanation. So I figured I would try and get some outside opinions on a few questions that were bubbling somewhere on the back burner of my thought process. Maybe I didn't ask my questions correctly, but I wasn't expecting the response I got. In fact, I was called "weasely" and "fuck cake" by various people, which didn't hurt my feelings or anything, but I did find it unnecessary, creative as these comments were. I have been trying to enlighten myself, and do so by listening to others, to see that we as a nation, or world can work together to create harmony with nature, the economy, but most of all each other. I have been kicked in the teeth for opening my mouth. What a waste.

The most questions that I have been asking myself lately have to deal with expatriates and their duties/responsibilities as members of a grassroots movement that is really starting to pick up some momentum in this country. I have been listening to expats and what they have to say (especially the Willing Warrior) and seriously thinking about taking that big jump AGAIN. Only this time I will be doing it for different reasons. This time I will be thinking about the bigger picture, and how it will effect ME. I am sick of worrying about what other people think about me and I need to listen to my soul too. However, to become an expat in this day and age, when the Constitution is being used as a place mat to the buffet table at the White House, is something I have to weigh heavily in my mind. It isn't only me I have to take into consideration. While Bush can talk to his cronies about how much fun it is to take away people's civil liberties, I have to be concerned about my well-being, as well as my family and friends. What would prevent this administration from seizing property from my father, or spying on my friends if I start really speaking my mind about this government and this President. He is doing this already!! This is not some kind of made up fairy tail, that some liberal zealot is making up. Granted I might be a bit vain in thinking these things would actually effect me, but I have to prepare none-the-less. On top of that, would leaving the U.S. be the right thing to do? Should I be staying here to fight in the trenches? Which way is the right way? I am a proud American and I want to express that to the world. Even though I am considered a second class citizen in my country, I feel I am not doing enough to make this country better. See my dilemma?

In trying to better myself I have opened my mind even more and listened to EVERYTHING that is going on around me. So, when I posed a few questions to Madge Weinstein (Richard) of Yeast Radio yesterday on the show's comment line, someone that I have looked up to for the plethora of knowledge that she has provided to us, I expected a different answer. Maybe I have projected my hopes of what that answer would be on my subconscious, but I expected an unbiased answer and especially one that wasn't so negatively charged. She assumed that I was some South Beach disco gym bunny that drove my SUV from party to party and totally misread my comment or at least took some of it out of context. I wanted to know what she thought of Expats (being one herself) and what might be some of the legal repercussions upon those same expats coming back into their country if they are vocal about their dissent mainly in regards to the Patriot Act. Legit question. Maybe I should have let her know that I had been an expat at one point in my life, that I have literally lived on the streets at 17, had no contact with anyone in my family for 10 years blah, blah, blah, to paint a picture of where I was coming from, but that was a waste of time and not necessary. There was more concern about why I didn't invite her out to coffee to comfort her in her time of need. Granted, that was a question that I passed around a couple of times, but it seem like a burden to ask to meet somewhere and not one that I should ask on the freaking comment line! Sorry, Madge my mind was somewhere else. I suppose the question was dumb. I just come from the class that states there are no stupid questions just stupid answers. I don't know where to go with her response.

Max from the Karma Banque stated that I was weasel. Fuck him. For his information, people pay their taxes every April 15th in THIS COUNTRY and still get their civil liberties trampled on, so what is preventing this administration from doing it to Americans in other countries. The CIA had a field day in Italy AND left a bill behind as a collective thumbing of their noses to the European Union. Why not you too Max? How would you like to get kidnapped off the street and sent to Guantanimo as a enemy combatant just for your words. Please stop acting like and arrogant economist licknob that is out to save the world. In this time of the upstart of a new grassroots movement Qpodders and the like need to be cautious about becoming fanatics and turning their words of wisdom into senseless banter that the American people tune out and turn to E! Television to see what is going on with the whole Bragelina/JeniVaughn situation. You have the power to take back the media, but you sure as shit not going pull anything off calling a listener a weasel and expect them to smile and take it without any lube. Uggg, I am getting way to preachy. I must be irked about this more than I thought. I am going insane?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home