Saturday, April 01, 2006

Oy Vey...

This is a GPS photograph from the boat that I was on today for a shoot. Notice in the upper right corner that is in a square stating "Dump Site". When I asked the captain what that meant, he told me that is where a lot of waste (human or otherwise) from the city of Miami goes. That's right, a huge dump zone for waste in about 600 feet of water very close to the Gulf stream. Apparently it is either put in large steel containers or concrete and just dumped overboard. Is it any wonder why the north part of Bicayne Bay is on the EPA's watch list because of the massive amounts of polution including but not limited to mercury, arsenic, and fecal waste?
This is an overview of the shoot from atop the boat. I was going to jump in the bay and enjoy a nice swim until I saw the GPS monitor. This after spending a few days in a beautiful and uncontaminated country that takes pride in its preservation of its rivers, lakes and ocean. This dump zone is apparently one of 20 along the eastern seaboard. Yippy!! Down with Earth! There is no such thing as global warming.

1 Comments:

Blogger Li'l Pony said...

Very clever, posting this on April Fool's Day. For a minute I was scared about the fate of our planet, but then I realized that you were just joking! Phew!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home