Thursday, March 08, 2007

Still Happening...

In Detroit last week, 72-year-old Andrew Anthos was riding on a city bus and was asked by a fellow passenger if he was gay. The passenger then followed Mr. Anthos off the bus and attacked him with a metal pipe. Mr. Anthos died from his injuries Friday night and according to media reports, police are continuing the investigation without any solid leads.Under the current federal hate crimes statute, federal authorities have no jurisdiction to assist in this investigation, even if local authorities were to request that assistance.

Mr. Anthos was a staunch advocate to have the Capitol (Ohio) Dome lit with red, white, and blue in order to honour those soldiers who lost their lives and for those currently serving in one of the Armed branches.

Why is this still happening? I am sad.

p.s. I haven't been in the mood to spill my guts for a while. I will try and get back into the swing of things soon. I just have alot of stuff on my mind. Hope all is well with you, my friends in cyberspace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home