Wednesday, June 14, 2006

New York City!

Ok, so finally got to the Big Apple after an absolutely terrifing moment in the air. Other than that everything has been oddly easy. I literally breezed through security, walked onto the plane, and to my pleasure had a window seat without even asking for one. Which never happens, especially on American Airlines. I seriously dislike that airline, I have had nothing but issues with them since I have started flying. I try not to use the blog to diss corporations, but seriously I would love to sit in one of the training classes for their customer service. I was gung-ho on counting all the smiles and thank-yous I got from their airlines...I swear I got one. Well, the one was from this nice stewardess who was all Chatty Cathy, but turns out she wanted a make-up application. Midflight. Yes, you read right, she wanted me to do her makeup as we were flying over that tropical storm, and literally bouncing all over the eastern seaboard. I though I was in that free fall ride you see at most amusement parks. I honestly never get all freaked out on planes, but this time I was a bit on edge. Everyone around me was practically snorting Zanex off the tray tables. One woman was crying hysterically 3 rows up and the guy ahead of me to my left kept puking in the barf bag. Yes, that bad. I've had 2 emergency landings with AA, and I was expecting this to be lucky number 3. But hey, they had Diet Dr. Pepper and they gave me the whole can so I was appeased.

Anywhatever, I am here and just in my own world. This is a city for the independant. I enjoy so much to be alone sometimes. Then, if I want I can just turn to the person next to me and strike up a conversation. I find it so much cheaper here in NYC, too. Oddly. Miami Beach just literally sucked me dry emotionally and financially. Sure rent is a bit more here, if I want to live in the city, but seriously out of control with how much you save eating out. I found a gym that was 245 bucks for the year. I almost laughed the papaya protein shake right out of my nose. And then proceeded to fall in love with this guy who kept staring at my tattoos. GAWD, he was flawless, and his body was S-I-C-K. I couldn't strike the nerve to ask him if he was a trainer, cause I would shell out big bucks and live on the street again for a body like that. But, I digress.

I went to Governer's Island yesterday before the anti-violence project rally. More on the rally at a later time. Governer's Island until recently was closed off to the general public and was used exclusively as a base and housing for Coast Gaurd, Navy, and the State Department. The only picture my mother ever gave me, one that shows me at 3 or 4 years old was taken here. My father was working for the State Department and enlisted with the Coast Gaurd. I almost threw up once I saw the place we lived. I didn't expect to recognize it, I remeber the view of the Statue of Liberty, and the brown "barrack-y" style of housing. Most of all I remembered the park that was kitty-corner to the house. It looks the same, just well...smaller. These weird memories of getting into trouble kept popping into my head. I supposed these are some off my first memories that were imprinted on my mind, all twinged with darkness. I want to blab away here, but I think it is best to keep these memories to myself. My own little security blanket from my lost youth. Funny, how I can't remember one "I love you".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home